Mango Lime Grilled Chicken
From Beth Smock
8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
1 cup cubed mango (defrosted if frozen)
3 Tbsp lime juice (from 2 limes)
2 Tbsp fish sauce
2 Tbsp canola oil
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp Sriracha
3 garlic cloves, minced
½ tsp kosher salt
Fresh cilantro leaves, for serving
1 lime halved
- Combine mango, lime juice, fish sauce, oil, brown sugar, Sriracha, garlic and salt in a blender; process until smooth. Transfer to a large Ziploc bag and add chicken. Massage to coat and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Remove chicken from marinade and place on grill. Grill for about 10 minutes, then flip and spoon a bit more marinade on the top. Grill chicken for an additional 10 minutes, or until the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees F and is firm and opaque. Discard any remaining marinade. While the chicken finishes cooking, place your limes on the grill, cut sides down, and let them get a good singe on them.
- Serve immediately, with cilantro and grilled lime on the side
1 stick butter (melted and cooled)
1 ½ cup sugar
2 tbls flour
1 tbls vanilla extract
2 tbls vinegar (cider)
3 eggs (whipped)
Mix ingredients together. Pour into pie shell
Bake at 325 for 45 minutes
Green Thai Curry
2 TBL vegetable oil
7-10 bunches of green onion, chopped
1-2 tsp red pepper-chili flakes
1 carrot diced into rounds
3 TBL green curry paste
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
2 cans of lowfat coconut milk
12 oz frozen green beans
2 zucchini, sliced into rounds
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 pkg firm tofu, drained and cut into 1⁄2 cubes
1.5 tsp fish sauce
1.5 tsp brown sugar
Fresh basil leaves
1⁄2 squeezed lime
4 cups Steamed brown rice
In a 4-6 quart stainless steel pot, add oil, carrot, green onion, chili pepper flakes and sauté for 2-3 minutes on medium heat.
Add in green curry paste and sauté additional 4 minutes to bloom spices.
Add coconut milk, garlic, zucchini, bell pepper and bring to a simmer ~10 minutes.
Add fish sauce, brown sugar and green beans, simmer additional 3 minutes.
Add tofu and simmer for 10 minutes.
Turn off heat, stir in lime juice and basil leaves.
Serve with steamed jasmine or brown rice.
We will be to begin allowing limited attendance in person at worship starting with 10 folks on Sundays in July. To attend in person, please sign up here: Worship Sign-up Sheet, or contact the church office.
Starting in July we will begin allowing 10 or so people to attend Sunday Worship in the sanctuary. Our Online option, the Zoom feed, is not changing. Folks in the sanctuary will be able to see and be seen by those joining via Zoom.
To limit the risk of exposure to the coronavirus during worship, we will be implementing a variety of precautions and procedures.
- Attendees at worship will be asked to use hand sanitizer, wear masks, and not attend if exhibiting symptoms of covid-19.
- We will all practice social distancing during the worship service.
- We will not linger inside or host coffee hour after the worship service.
- We will not pass offering plates, share bulletins, bibles and hymnals.
- We have acquired individually wrapped and sealed communion elements for times when we share the Lord’s Supper.
- Worship attendees may be asked not to sing to prevent a possible spread of the virus.
- We will clean and sanitize high touch surfaces before and after the service.
Sign up for the PLUC congregation email list and receive news and announcements, volunteer ideas, and more.
How To Subscribe to the PLUC congregation email list.
- Send a blank email to email@example.com.
- You will receive a joining confirmation email.
- Reply to that email, and your done.
If you do not receive your confirmation email, check your spam folder.
Our Helping Hands ministry is still helping individuals and families to get access to food and or auto fuel during this covid-19 time.
Additionally, we are partnering with the food shelf of Trinity Episcopal Church in Houghton, providing vouchers for fresh produce at Jim’s Food Mart.
Trinity’s food pantry is open the first and third Thursday of every month from 10:30-12(ish).
Our New Beginnings Angel Mission Free Store in Calumet is still providing food through its food shelf. During this time, Angel Mission is open Wednesday and Saturdays 11a.m.-2 p.m. for the food pantry and donation drop off.
How to Access Online Giving for PLUC
To access online giving, Click the PLUC Give Now Button.
Clicking on it will directly open the Presbyterian Foundation Online Giving form.
Accessing Online Giving the First Time: Creating a Profile
The first time you access the giving page you will need to create a profile.
- Click the PLUC Give Now Button to open the Presbyterian Online Giving form.
- Your first time you will need to click on Create Profile.
- That will bring you to the Create Profile page. Enter your email address twice.
- On the next page, enter your name, address, phone number, and email address.
- The last two lines will ask you to create a password and then re-enter the password.
- To complete your profile, click on Create Profile.
- When your profile is complete, you will be taken to the Online Donation page.
- Now, you can make a donation by clicking on Add Transaction.
- The right hand side asks you to enter your donation and its designation (General Fund, Helping Hands, etc.). The left hand side will ask for information on how you will pay the donation (New Account Checking, New Account – Saving, or Credit/Debit Card).
Accessing Online Giving after the First Time
The giving process is simpler once you create your profile.
- Click the PLUC Give Now Button.
- Login on the Presbyterian Giving form by entering your email and password. Click Login.
- You will be directed to the Transaction page where you can enter your donation and its designation.
After your donation
Once the transaction is processed you will receive an email confirmation of your donation from either the Presbyterian Foundation or VANCO (the company that processes your donation). Each year in January, the Presbyterian Foundation will send you an email listing all your donations in the previous year which can be used for tax purposes.