Sign up for the PLUC congregation email list and receive news and announcements, volunteer ideas, and more.
How To Subscribe to the PLUC congregation email list.
- Send a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will receive a joining confirmation email.
- Reply to that email, and your done.
If you do not receive your confirmation email, check your spam folder.
Our Helping Hands ministry is still helping individuals and families to get access to food and or auto fuel during this covid-19 time.
Additionally, we are partnering with the food shelf of Trinity Episcopal Church in Houghton, providing vouchers for fresh produce at Jim’s Food Mart.
Trinity’s food pantry is open the first and third Thursday of every month from 10:30-12(ish).
Our New Beginnings Angel Mission Free Store in Calumet is still providing food through its food shelf. During this time, Angel Mission is open Wednesday and Saturdays 11a.m.-2 p.m. for the food pantry and donation drop off.
For a printable version of this document click here.
How to Access Online Giving for PLUC
To access online giving, Click the PLUC Give Now Button.
Clicking on it will directly open the Presbyterian Foundation Online Giving form.
Accessing Online Giving the First Time: Creating a Profile
The first time you access the giving page you will need to create a profile.
- Click the PLUC Give Now Button to open the Presbyterian Online Giving form.
- Your first time you will need to click on Create Profile.
- That will bring you to the Create Profile page. Enter your email address twice.
- On the next page, enter your name, address, phone number, and email address.
- The last two lines will ask you to create a password and then re-enter the password.
- To complete your profile, click on Create Profile.
- When your profile is complete, you will be taken to the Online Donation page.
- Now, you can make a donation by clicking on Add Transaction.
- The right hand side asks you to enter your donation and its designation (General Fund, Helping Hands, etc.). The left hand side will ask for information on how you will pay the donation (New Account Checking, New Account – Saving, or Credit/Debit Card).
Accessing Online Giving after the First Time
The giving process is simpler once you create your profile.
- Click the PLUC Give Now Button.
- Login on the Presbyterian Giving form by entering your email and password. Click Login.
- You will be directed to the Transaction page where you can enter your donation and its designation.
After your donation
Once the transaction is processed you will receive an email confirmation of your donation from either the Presbyterian Foundation or VANCO (the company that processes your donation). Each year in January, the Presbyterian Foundation will send you an email listing all your donations in the previous year which can be used for tax purposes.
Portage Lake United Church 2020-04-05 from Jim Northey on Vimeo.
For the text of Pastor Peter’s Sermon for Palm Sunday: Click here.
For access to the online bulletin: click here.
Join us when we gather online for worship. We begin our worship service Sunday morning at 11 a.m., but you can join our Zoom meeting at 10:30 a.m. to connect with others. Our service will be complete with music, preaching, scriptures and prayers.
Sunday, June 28, 2020
For worship this morning, we will be using a service offered us by the Synod of the Covenant. In the PC(USA), Synods are the intermediate groups between the general assembly and presbyteries. Our presbytery, along with ten others, belongs to the Synod of the Covenant.
In this time when we have been using new technologies to stay connected with one-another, we can use this opportunity to share in this worship service with sister churches across the synod and remember that we are not alone during this time of social distancing and isolation.
This worship service can be streamed anytime using the following link: Synod of the Covenant Worship, June 28, 2020.
You can view and print the service liturgy here: worship liturgy.
This morning, I invite you to log in (or call) our regular zoom meeting to enjoy one another’s company and conversation at 10:30 a.m. Then, those who are maintaining their Sunday morning routine can stream the service at 11.
I hope to see you in the virtual coffee hour!
** INTERIM GUIDANCE UPDATED 6/5/2020**
The church building closed to all congregational and community meetings until further notice.
Recovery Meetings, however are able to use the building, provided the group follows the PLUC Covid-19 Building Use Policy, which can be viewed by clicking this link.
If you have questions or would like to speak with a minister, contact Pastor Peter Norland at 906-370-3558.
For more information on Covid-19 and how to say healthy:
This was our first attempt at worshiping together online, using Zoom Meetings to connect with one another.
A special thanks to Jim Northey for doing all the hard work in setting things up for our service to run online!
Click here for Sunday March 22 Worship Bulletin
Portage Lake United Church 2020-03-22 from Jim Northey on Vimeo.